I hope all my fellow Americans had a great long weekend. I’m back from Portland, OR and instead of doing a big recap post I’m giving you the Cliff Notes version.
- This is my third time visiting Portland, and the first time we had nice weather. Nice weather meant wine tasting, a street festival, and a blues festival.
- It also meant renting this awesome quadracycle bike (and laughing hysterically while riding it):
forcedasked Lauren to take me to a track for my speed workout. In exchange I bought her this Target workout shirt everyone has been blogging about. And yes, we wore matching shirts to the track.
- My older brother and his fiance are moving across the country to San Francisco in a few weeks. He got an amazing job offer that he couldn’t turn down. I’m happy for them but very sad to see them leave.
- Neil and I have plans to move next summer – we can’t move any sooner because we got a nice tax incentive when we bought our house and would have to pay it back if we didn’t stay there a full three years. I wish we could move sooner because I feel ready now.
- My commuter bike was stolen off our front porch while we were out of town. I usually don’t keep it locked up out there for more than a few days, so it wasn’t as surprising as it was disappointing. I will probably start riding my road bike into work, but then I’d have to keep it in my office because I’ve heard stories about bikes being stolen from the garage (and now I’m even more paranoid than usual). Hopefully people at work won’t think I’m weirdo when they see a bike taking up half my office.
- I love 4th of July and everything, but my neighbors were shooting off fireworks until midnight. Does that make me a cranky old person that I wanted to go to sleep?
- My century is just 3.5 weeks away and I don’t feel ready. This weekend I will be doing a 60 mile bike ride, so hopefully that will give me a much needed confidence boost!
What was the highlight of your long weekend?