I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Corporate America should change over to four day work weeks (with a three day weekend). After taking Friday off, I came to work this morning feeling rested, happy and revitalized. I have Friday off again this week, which makes me positively giddy.
With a three day weekend I had the chance to do everything that makes a weekend perfect: socializing, being active, relaxing and productivity.
- I took the day off Friday to spend with Lauren and Alex. Lauren was celebrating her last day of freedom before starting her graduate program, so we decided to have a girls day. Alex dubbed it nails, trails and cocktails, which perfectly sums everything we did.
- For lunch on Friday, we met up with Erin for sushi in Boulder. The last time I saw Erin I was dying at the last mile of the Colfax Marathon, so it was great to see her again.
- Lauren and Phil hosted a BBQ on Saturday, cooked us delicious food and served us yummy drinks. Thanks guys!
- A hike with Lauren and Alex at Eldorado Canyon on Friday. It was beautiful, but I was a little freaked out by the number of fresh mountain lion warning signs in the area.
- A 2.6 mile trail run with Neil and Leela on Saturday at Meyers Ranch Open Space. It was at 8000 feet and I was certainly feeling the elevation difference.
- A 7 mile solo run + the Retro Run 5k with Lauren and Leela on Sunday. The race advertised that they would be music throughout the race (with each mile designated to a different decade), but unfortunately they only had a band at the start/finish. Because of that, the race was kind of a disappointment, although I liked seeing people in hilarious costumes. They also had no water stops and ran out of water bottles by the end, which made me feel like a terrible dog mom! But I was proud that Leela ran the entire way (except when we got slowed down by race traffic). She also handled the crowds pretty well, so I definitely want to do more races with her in the future.
- Manis and pedis with Lauren and Alex.
- Lots of cocktails following said manis and pedis.
- A nap on both Saturday and Sunday. This is a huge deal for me because I NEVER nap.
- 8 pm bedtime on Sunday night.
- Errands and groceries on Saturday morning.
- Lots of cleaning and organizing around the house on Sunday. Let’s just say I haven’t seen the counter tops of this dresser and nightstand for a long time.
Of all the fun things I did this weekend, the highlight was a surprise from my brother-in-law Matt and sister-in-law Kristen. Neil’s mom is coming to visit this weekend, and they surprised us by buying last minute tickets to come as well! Not only are they family, but I truly consider them to be our best friends as well. I’ve really missed them since we moved to Denver. They are already thinking about moving here, so I plan on making the upcoming weekend the BEST EVER so they will move immediately.